We, Hampshire Slow Foods, will work towards providing a space for dialogue connecting all the aspects of food and food consumption. We seek to promote a food system based on the principles on environmental sustainability, social justice and high quality and excellence in taste.
1) Explore the relationships between local agriculture and the everyday consumer choices of surrounding college campuses
2) Defend biodiversity in the our food supply
3) To eat seasonally and sustainably
4) To connect people to the direct aspects-restaurants, grocers, etc.-and the indirect aspects of food; production, trade, travel, environmental, economic, etc.
5) Advocating the dehomogenization and standardization of food
6) To unite the Five Colleges-University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, Mount Holyoke, Smith and Hampshire Colleges-in promoting good, clean and fair food